Sunday, May 27, 2012

Kat

I'm sure the Survivor "journey" has meant many different things to those of us that have traveled through it with Kim over the past year.  I know there have been several unforgettable moments for me along the way.  One thing I know for sure is I now have a very special place in my heart reserved for a little Kitten Swag.


When I met Kat for the first time last Summer she made quite the impression.  America saw on their big screen what I watched with my own two eyes as she practically tackled Rob and left us all laughing uncontrollably.  Selfishly I loved her from the moment she picked Kim and I to hang out with them for the afternoon.  I would have done just about anything to get to spend a little more time with my sister that day and she made it possible.  To be honest that would have been enough for me to put Kat in the "I'll never forget you" category.  But that wasn't the end of it.  Kat has become one of the people that we all can't help but love.  Every time we have a chance to be around her we are left smiling and looking forward to the next time our paths will cross.


And then came the icing on the cake, her unforgettable speech during the final episode of Survivor.  To see the girl who so many had categorized as immature and naive deliver one of the most eloquent statements on forgiveness I have ever heard left me in tears and sealed the deal...Kat's family.


So HOORAY for family visits!  Kat is here and she definitely makes everything a little more fun.  I was lucky enough to get to pick her up from the airport and deliver her to the Taco Cabana grand opening where Kim was hanging out...




While we are obviously big fans of Kat it's also ridiculously clear we are big fans of the TC...




They gave us a feast fit for 50 (too bad we only had 5)...


My bank statement and their drive thru are really good friends...






Carter also got a taste of the spotlight when she was interviewed about her love of bean and cheese tacos (that's my girl)...




Later that night we headed out to catch Bob Schneider...




Bryan (aka Mr. Big Shot) had gotten us a booth (he's kind of a big deal)...






The next morning Kim and Kat made Carter's day when they paid a visit to her Kindergarten class...




Kim talked about trying things that are hard and Kat talked about forgiving your friends when they hurt your feelings ie voting you off the island (love that girl)...





The kids got to feel and shake a few coconuts and then they presented the girls with some books that had made them.  Adorable...





These party animals are headed to South Texas for the rest of the weekend but we are so glad they spent a little time with us first...




Kat you're precious and we couldn't love you more.  So glad you're part of the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment